Work platform BIO.NRW.red
In addition to industrial biotechnology, BIO.NRW.red
is the second focus of BIO.NRW.
With the BIO.NRW.red work platform, BIO.NRW has established a permanent network of experts from a wide variety of fields in red biotechnology such as medicine, health and pharmaceuticals in North Rhine-Westphalia. An essential feature in establishing the network was the long-term, thematically alternating communication and work platform between companies, research institutions and other relevant actors in red biotechnology.
The format of the regularly recurring BIO.NRW.red work platform enables close contact and cooperative exchanges between business and science and serves as a focal point for participants to become familiar with the varied fields of expertise in NRW in a mutual exchange and then individually leverage this expertise.
Initial topics that have been or will be addressed on the BIO.NRW.red work platform:
• Development of cell culture processes and active ingredients
• Biopharmaceutical process development and optimization
• Therapeutic approaches in oncology
• Development of diagnostic methods for oncology
• Development of biomarkers for therapy and diagnosis
• Development of therapies with a focus on anti-infective drugs
• Tissue regeneration such as skin
• Neurodegenerative diseases: New approaches in diagnosis and therapy
• and more to come…
Previous cooperative events
1. BIO.NRW.red work platform "Development of cell culture processes and active ingredients"
Host: Prof. Oliver Brüstle, Life&Brain GmbH; Bonn
2. BIO.NRW.red work platform "Biopharmaceutical process development and optimization"
Hosts: Prof. Rainer Fischer, Fraunhofer IME and Dr. Frank Kensy, m2plabs; Aachen
3. BIO.NRW.red work platform "Therapeutic approaches in oncology"
Host: Stefan Miltenyi, Miltenyi Biotec GmbH; Bergisch Gladbach
4. BIO.NRW.red work platform "Personalized management of hepatic diseases – new biomarkers, new medications"
Hosts: Prof. J. Buer, Medical Department of the University of Duisburg-Essen and Prof. J. Schlaak, Gastroenterology and Hepatology Clinic at the Essen University Hospital
5. BIO.NRW.red work platform "Various fields of expertise at a major research-oriented pharmaceutical company"
Hosts: Dr. G. Bachlechner, Bayer Technology Services GmbH; Leverkusen Dr. Th. Bieringer, GF INVITE GmbH; Leverkusen